Monday, August 16, 2010

Mercer

On Sunday, John and I headed out to the Mercer Arboretum & Botanic Gardens with John's mother, Karen. John's parents volunteer at Mercer and have talked about it a number of times, so I was interested in seeing the place. It did not disappoint. :-)

John and me in front of the new tea house -
Welcome to the jungle -
Photo by Karen

This little area was one of my favorites.

Really cool fountain -
Photo by Karen
The Chapman brick -

Water Wall -
Photo by Karen
Here I am photographizing a snake. Nice action shot. I love that I had one foot in the air. Totally don't remember that!
Said snake - some species of Nerodia
Karen photographizing some Japanese yew
Said yew -
Japanese maple -
Some bamboo -
More bamboo -
Photo by Karen
Crinum lily -
Pink Banana -
Brown Anole -
We were sweating BUCKETS while walking around but I think a good time was had by all. I think it would be really fun to volunteer or work at a place like this...just so that I won't be tempted to turn my back yard into one giant botanical garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment